NASBP Virtual Seminars
Telephone briefings are an economical and effective way for you and your staff to get up to the moment information on the issues of the day and hear from experts about items critical to your business success -- without anyone having to leave the office. All you need is a phone. Or, if multiple people at your location plan to participate, all you need is a speakerphone and enough chairs for everyone to gather around.
- Cost-effective – $69 per phone line per seminar
- Convenient – Information, expertise, and practical insights come directly to you
- Time-saving – Eliminates travel and time out of the office
- Need-to-know information you can benefit from immediately
- Presented by recognized authorities in their fields
- Useful presentation materials highlighting main ideas and key points
- Live Q&A - the experts answer your questions
- Real-time insights that give you a competitive edge
- Very accessible to everyone in your organization –a low cost, no travel professional development opportunity
Who Should Participate
- Only NASBP Members, Affiliates, and Associates may register for Virtual Seminars
- Agency/Company Management
- Claim Representatives
- Account Administrators/Customer Service Representatives
Upcoming Virtual Seminar
Surety Risk Assessment - Utility Pipeline Failure Case History - Tyndall, SD
Tuesday, August 12 at 2 – 3 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
In the spring of 2009 employees for the City of Tyndall, SD noticed that a stretch of asphalt roadway was developing cracks and settlement. They soon discovered that a significant portion of a 4,000-pipeline installation completed a little over two years earlier has severely deflected as much as 25% in some sections from its original shape. This case should be of interest to Surety and Bonding professionals as wells as the customers they represent. Fearing an impending catastrophic failure, the city informed the original contractor that replacement of the pipeline was inevitable. The surety company holding the performance bond eventually stepped in to investigate the cost of replacing the pipeline and ultimately reached a settlement with the City so the pipeline could be replaced. Cases similar to this happen far too often as designers, owners and contractors look for ways to economize construction projects. This presentation will focus on the efforts made prior to the project being bid to minimize the risk as well as the replacement of the pipeline and the lesson learned.
is the Sales Manager for Hancock Concrete Products a Manufacturer of Pre-Cast
concrete pipe and products with six locations in the upper Midwest. He is a 30
year veteran of the concrete products industry and also spent eight years in
distribution of water, sewer and fire protection products. Mr. Hofer is a past
president of the South Dakota Associated General Contractors of America and past
chairman of the SE South Dakota Chapter of the American Public Works
Association. He is a past winner of the American Concrete Pipe Association’s
Presidents Award for Marketing Excellence.
If you register but find you are not able to participate in a live presentation, you will still be emailed links to the recording within a few days.
Online Registration and Information
Before each Virtual Seminar, call-in in instructions and supporting documents/handouts will be emailed to registered participants.
Online: Click here to register online.
Virtual Seminars registrations are non-refundable.
Please call NASBP Professional Development at 202-686-3700.
Future Virtual Seminars
- Cyber Crime and Online Payment Fraud - August 26
- Preventing Construction Defects and Mitigating Damages - September 9
- Joint Ventures in Construction - October 21
- The New Revenue Recognition Standard - November 4
- Dealing with Downstream Default: What are the Risks and How do you Reduce Them (Part I) - November 18
- Dealing with Downstream Default: What are the Risks and How do you Reduce Them (Part II) - December 9