NASBP’s Bruce T. Wallace Award
The Bruce T. Wallace Award, established in 1990 in memory of the Association’s first executive vice president, who served for over 29 years, is awarded by the Executive Committee to an individual who has distinguished themselves through years of exceptional service to NASBP and to the surety industry. The recipient is an individual who has conducted themselves throughout their career in accordance with the highest ethical standards and demonstrated a service characterized by commitment, consistency, intensity, and impact. It is noteworthy that the Bruce T. Wallace Award is not necessarily presented every year, but rather, only when a candidate meeting these high standards is nominated. In fact, since its establishment, the Bruce T. Wallace Award has now been presented sixteen times.
Recipients receive a framed certificate personally inscribed in three-toned color calligraphy and signed by the NASBP President. The recipients' name is emblazoned on a placque and added to the tomb of recipients of the award which is displayed at NASBP headquarters.
Bruce T. Wallace Award Recipients Include:
- 1990 - Vincent J. Como, Como and Nicholson, Inc.
- 1992 - John J. Curtain, Jr., Curtain International Insurance and Bonding Agency, Inc.
- 1993 - T.J. Adams, T.J. Adams Group, LLC
- 1995 - George T. Holbrook, Jr., The Hartford Fidelity and Bonding
- 1995 - Charles H. Fleck, HRH of Denver
- 1997 - Richard S. Beck, Willis of Pennsylvania, Inc.
- 1999 - William E. French, The Bottrell Insurance Agency, Inc.
- 2000 - John P. Martinsen, Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmermann Inc.
- 2002 - Dennis D. Flatness, Welsch, Flatness & Lutz, Inc.
- 2003 - George F. Thompson, Travelers Bond
- 2004 - Robert A. Saul, Saul-Metcho
- 2005 - Curtis B. Roberts, Mills-Roberts and Associates
- 2007 - Michael C. Peters, Safeco Insurance Companies
- 2008 - John L. Hannum, ICW Group
- 2010 - A.C. “Ace” Tinch, Harding-Conley-Drawert-Tinch Insurance Agency, Inc.
- 2013 - Matthew K. Cashion, Jr., The Cashion Company, Inc.
NASBP’s John ‘Jack’ J. Curtin, Jr. President’s Award
The award, named the “John ‘Jack’ J. Curtin, Jr. President’s Award,” honors an individual, who is chosen by the NASBP President for their outstanding service contributions during the President’s term to the Association and to the surety industry. The award was first presented in 2007 to John ‘Jack’ J. Curtin, Jr., for whom the award is named.
Curtin, a past NASBP President, passed away in 2008, and had been a faculty member of NASBP’s acclaimed William J. Angell Surety School for 30 years. Curtin had served as a member volunteer in NASBP at all levels, including Director, Regional Vice President, as well as, Chair of several NASBP committees.
Recipients of the President's award receive a framed certificate personally inscribed in two-toned color calligraphy highlighted in gold and signed by the NASBP President, as well as, a specifically minted NASBP President’s medallion customized with the NASBP logo and made of 2-troy oz. .999 fine silver.
John ‘Jack’ J. Curtin, Jr. President’s Award Recipients Include:
- 2007 - John ‘Jack’ J. Curtin, Jr.
- 2009 - Matthew K. Cashion, Jr.
- 2009 - Howard Cowan
- 2010 - Koula Korson
- 2011 - Carl Newman
- 2012 - Paul Amstutz
- 2013 - James Lareau & Ralph Pulver
More about the 2013 Award winners will be in the May/June 2013 issue of Pipeline that will be published in late June.
To find out more about the 2012 President's Award winner, click here.
To find out more about the 2011 President's Award winner, click here.
To find out more about the 2010 President's Award winner and the 2010 Bruce T. Wallace Award winner, click here.