Thank you for being part of the NASBP SuretyConnect community, NASBP's eGroups Message Boards. To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, we have established some basic guidelines.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to NASBP using the Contact Us link.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NASBP reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows participants to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for participants to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) eGroups Message Boards are a service provided by NASBP to its members solely for the purpose of discussing matters relating to the surety industry. By subscribing to and participating in an NASBP eGroups message board, you agree to be bound by and to warrant full compliance with the NASBP eGroups Message Board Use Policy, as further delineated below. Any violation of this Use Policy may result in the revocation of your participation privileges, with or without prior notice. You should be aware that you can be held legally accountable for your postings.
Participation in NASBP eGroups message boards is limited to NASBP member, affiliate, and associate firms and their employees. If your firm membership in NASBP terminates or lapses or if you are no longer employed by a NASBP member firm, you MUST unsubscribe immediately.
NASBP accepts no responsibility for the statements, information and materials posted by users, and hereby disclaims all warranties with respect to statements, information and materials posted in such message boards, whether by NASBP or by third-parties, including warranties of accuracy, completeness, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall NASBP be liable for any damages, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising from or in connection with the loss of use or use of any statements, information or materials posted in such message boards.
You are prohibited from posting any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, obscene, sexually explicit or illegal statements, information or materials. You are prohibited from using the message boards to impersonate any person, or to communicate under a false name or one you are not authorized to use.
You are prohibited from using the message board to encourage or to facilitate, expressly or impliedly, or to give even the appearance of, any practices that violate federal or state antitrust laws or other laws prohibiting anti-competitive practices. Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate agreements on the following subjects: fees, premiums, commissions or discounts; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers. To access the antitrust policy of NASBP, please click here.
You are prohibited from posting any information or material that infringes or violates the property rights, including copyrights and trademarks, of others. By posting statements, information or material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she holds the property rights, including copyrights, with respect to such statement, information or material or has obtained the necessary permission from the holder to do so. Furthermore, the posting party thereby grants NASBP and users of the message board with an nonexclusive, perpetual, and irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such statement, information or material without payment to the posting party.
All postings must be informational in nature and for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of the message boards is prohibited. You are prohibited from using the message boards to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users’ products or services, in any manner. NASBP message boards may not be used to provide information, materials, products or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.
NASBP does not generally monitor the NASBP message boards and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, NASBP reserves the right to take immediate action without notice on any posting that, in the sole opinion of NASBP, is inappropriate or violates the terms and conditions of this Use Policy and to restrict, suspend, or exclude any individual from further use of NASBP message boards. NASBP further reserves the right to permit or to deny access to its message boards to any individual regardless of membership status.