Upcoming Virtual Seminars Feature Attorneys and CPAs Who Serve on the NASBP Advisory Councils
As we head into the second half of 2016, we have timely Virtual Seminar topics that will help surety professionals and their contractors navigate some difficult situations. Several of these Virtual Seminars are presented by attorneys and CPAs who serve on the NASBP Advisory Councils.
Upcoming Virtual Seminars:
- July 12 Exit Planning for Contractors, David Jean of Albin, Randall & Bennett, CPAs. Jean serves on the NASBP CPA Advisory Council.
- July 26 Deep Dive into Buy-Sell Agreements, David Jean of Albin, Randall & Bennett, CPAs
- Aug. 16 Tax Treatments for Different Types of Entities (Joint Ventures, S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC), Tim Wilson of BKD, LLP. Wilson serves on the NASBP CPA Advisory Council.
- Sept. 6 Surety Bond Fraud, L. Jay Labe of Allen Curry, PC. Labe serves on the NASBP Attorney Advisory Council.
- Sept. 20 Crime Policies and Fraud, Mike Pipkin of Weinstein Radcliff Pipkin LLP and Jeremy Clopton of BKD, LLP. Pipkin serves on the NASBP Attorney Advisory Council.
- Sept. 27 NMLS Begins Using Electronic Bonds, Tim Lange of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors
- Oct. 18 Changing with the Times: Surety Industry Innovations Intended to Keep up with the Changing Priorities for Both Public and Private Projects, J. William Ernstrom of Walsh Group and John Halliday of Travelers
- Nov. 1 General Indemnity Agreement (GIA), Phillip Alber of Alber Crafton, PSC and Patricia Thompson of Carlton Fields
- Nov. 15 Employers Bond, Pat Cleary, Thom Stohler, and Farrah Fielder of the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO) with Corban Enns of Surety Solutions, LLC moderating
- Dec. 6 Bid Data and Its Importance to the Industry, Jessica Leong and Wesley Weiczorek of Zurich Surety
NASBP Virtual Seminars are held on Tuesdays from 2 to 3 p.m. Eastern Time. Each presentation is 60 minutes of participation, which includes the opportunity for Q & A.
The $69 registration fee includes the live Adobe Connect web presentation and a PDF copy of the PowerPoint. Registrants who are unable to participate in the live Virtual Seminar will automatically receive the presentation within a few days for review at your convenience. Registration is now open for these upcoming Virtual Seminars; click here.
NASBP is preparing its 2017 Virtual Seminar schedule. We encourage you to share your suggestions for future Virtual Seminar topics by contacting Charnita Lee at email@example.com.