Free ConsensusDocs Bond Form Package Celebrates Year Anniversary
The free ConsensusDocs software package titled, “Prequalification & Bond Forms Package,” first became available last fall and offers its eleven bond forms for free. The package offers surety professionals these benefits:
• Easy editing through the ConsensusDocs Microsoft Word-based technology,
• A collaborative platform helping parties reach consensus faster,
• Current versions of each ConsensusDocs bond form, and
• Convenient access with 24/7 availability.
To access the package, go to the "Purchase" tab at the top of the homepage of www.ConsensusDocs.org, then scroll down and click on the tab "More Packages" to view and click on the “Prequalification & Bond Forms Package." Following through the purchase process is required but the balance due will be $0. Be sure to insert the NASBP100 discount code. These are the bond forms included in the package.
1. ConsensusDocs 260: Performance Bond Form (coordinated with agreements between contractor and owner)
2. ConsensusDocs 261: Payment Bond Form (coordinated with agreements between contractor and owner)
3. ConsensusDocs 262: Bid Bond
4. ConsensusDocs 263: Warranty Bond (coordinated for the agreements between contractor and owner)
5. ConsensusDocs 470: Design-Build Performance Bond (Surety Liable for Design Costs)
6. ConsensusDocs 471: Design-Build Performance Bond (Surety Not Liable for Design Costs)
7. ConsensusDocs 472: Design-Build Payment Bond (Surety Liable for Design Costs)
8. ConsensusDocs 473: Design-Build Payment Bond (Surety Not Liable for Design Costs)
9. ConsensusDocs 706: Subcontract Performance Bond
10. ConsensusDocs 707: Subcontract Payment Bond
11. ConsensusDocs 760: Subcontract Bid Bond
Remember also that because NASBP is a participating member of the ConsensusDocs Coalition, the NASBP membership can use the NASBP100 discount code for a 20% discount to purchase other ConsensusDocs.org contract subscription packages. Anyone can request a free, full sample ConsensusDocs contract, by completing this ConsensusDocs request form.
Free ConsensusDocs Software Training Videos and Webinars
ConsensusDocs offers free, monthly training webinars to help users learn about the variety of features and tools available that can assist in contract negotiations using the ConsensusDocs Platform. Or, learn on your own schedule by watching the updated training videos at https://consensusdocs.org/Training_Videos.
Register for the live training webinars at http://www.consensusdocs.org/Support.
The following is a schedule of upcoming, free online training sessions of the ConsensusDocs cloud-based platform:
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
For more information, contact Geoff Bobsin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-837-5336 or (866) 925-DOCS (3627).
This 60-minute webinar addresses these aspects of the ConsensusDocs technology platform:
- 24/7 Access – Access contracts anytime, anywhere via a secure cloud-based system.
- Easy Editing – Use MS Word® to customize ConsensusDocs contracts.
- Easy Collaboration – Collaborate with others for free - you control editing rights.
- Favorites – ConsensusDocs contracts modified to meet your unique needs.
- Conversions – Upload and convert your own documents.
- Comparisons – Quickly see differences between documents.
- Free Guidance – Embedded instructions and the free ConsensusDocs Guidebook.
Request a Free Sample ConsensusDocs Contract
Remember that full, sample ConsensusDocs contracts can be requested. To request a full sample ConsensusDocs contract for your internal review purposes, fill out the ConsensusDocs Sample Request form that is at www.consensusdocs.org. Note that any use of the contract, other than for internal review purposes, must come from a valid subscription purchase at www.ConsensusDocs.org.
Anyone interested in using ConsensusDocs for educational or legal research purposes can apply for a free ConsensusDocs copyright license. Once the application is processed, applicants will receive a numbered copyright license letter and full watermarked samples of the requested documents. Licenses must be renewed on a yearly basis, and are contingent upon compliance with the terms of the license letter. To complete an application for copyright licensing, visit the resources page at ConsensusDocs.org.
ConsensusDocs Documents are the only contracts endorsed by 40 leading design and construction industry organizations. Offering a library of 100+ contract documents addressing all methods of project delivery, ConsensusDocs incorporate fair risk allocation and best practices to represent the project’s best interests. Coalition members represent design professionals, owners, contractors, subcontractors and sureties (DOCS). For more information, visit www.ConsensusDocs.org, call 1-866-925-DOCS (3627) or email support@ConsensusDocs.org.
NASBP is an endorsing organization of the ConsensusDocs coalition, an unprecedented effort by 40 industry organizations to identify industry best practices and to incorporate such practices in a new generation of construction industry standard form documents. Find out more at the NASBP's involvement with ConsensusDocs by clicking here.