New 3-minute Video Describes Advantages of Using ConsensusDocs Documents for Construction Projects
The new "Get to Know ConsensusDocs!" video describes why ConsensusDocs documents get better project results with fewer claims. Click here to view the video:
The video explains the benefits of using ConsensusDocs including:
- Savings of time and money by providing a better contractual foundation to build, written in plain English, instead of legalese;
- Encouragement of direct and positive communications, instead of creating contractual silos;
- Giving owners an active role in the design and construction process;
- Addressing essential legal and insurance issues, including a “hold harmless” provision.
Still more advantages of using ConsensusDocs industry-accepted standard form contracts include ConsensusDocs are cost-effective, edited via MS Word®, and accessible 24/7 via the ConsensusDocs secure online technology. Also, ConsensusDocs contracts are regularly updated to keep pace with changes in the law and in the industry, and all subscribers receive new and updated contracts within their packages at no charge. The comprehensive ConsensusDocs catalog addresses major project delivery methods and provides coordinated administrative forms, and ConsensusDocs standard contracts provide a comprehesive reference to accepted industry practices and customs.
Two Updated Short Forms Published in February 2017
In February, ConsensusDocs published two updated short form agreements: the ConsensusDocs 235 Owner & Constructor Short Form Agreement (Cost of Work), and the ConsensusDocs 245 Owner & Design Professional Short Form Agreement. These revised contracts are part of a comprehensive 5-year update cycle for the general contracting series of documents.
In December 2016, ConsensusDocs published comprehensive revisions to the following five prime and subcontract agreements, which address industry changes impacting insurance, legal, technology, and terminology: 200, 205, 240, 750, and 751.
The revised contracts address industry changes impacting insurance, legal, technology, and terminology. The Coalition will continue to release new and updated contract documents throughout 2017, and beyond, to further its mission of helping the industry build a better way. See the full titles of these documents below.
- ConsensusDocs 200 Owner & Constructor Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 205 Owner & Constructor Short Form Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 235 Owner & Constructor Short Form Agreement (Cost of Work)
- ConsensusDocs 240 Owner & Design Professional Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 245 Owner & Design Professional Short Form Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 750 Constructor & Subcontractor Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 751 Constructor & Subcontractor Short Form Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 410 Owner & Design-Builder Agreement (Cost of Work Plus Fee with GMP)
- ConsensusDocs 415 Owner & Design-Builder Agreement (Lump Sum)
- ConsensusDocs 420 Design-Builder & Design Professional Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 450 Design-Builder & Subcontractor Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 460 Design-Builder & Subcontract Agreement (Cost Plus with GMP)
- ConsensusDocs 500 Owner & Construction Manager Agreement (GMP with Preconstruction Services Option)
Remember, because NASBP is a participating member of the ConsensusDocs Coalition, the NASBP membership can use the NASBP100 discount code for a 20% discount to purchase other ConsensusDocs.org contract subscription packages. Anyone can request a free sample of a ConsensusDocs document to review from www.consensusdocs.org.
Free ConsensusDocs Software Training Videos and Webinars Recently Updated
ConsensusDocs offers free, monthly training webinars to help users learn about the variety of features and tools available that can assist in contract negotiations using the ConsensusDocs Platform. Or, learn on your own schedule by watching the updated training videos at https://consensusdocs.org/Training_Videos.
Register for the live training webinars at http://www.consensusdocs.org/Support.
Request a Free Sample ConsensusDocs Contract
Remember that full, sample ConsensusDocs contracts can be requested. To request a full sample ConsensusDocs contract for your internal review purposes, fill out the ConsensusDocs Sample Request form that is at www.consensusdocs.org. Note that any use of the contract, other than for internal review purposes, must come from a valid subscription purchase at www.ConsensusDocs.org.
Anyone interested in using ConsensusDocs for educational or legal research purposes can apply for a free ConsensusDocs copyright license. Once the application is processed, applicants will receive a numbered copyright license letter and full watermarked samples of the requested documents. Licenses must be renewed on a yearly basis and are contingent upon compliance with the terms of the license letter. To complete an application for copyright licensing, visit the resources page at ConsensusDocs.org.
ConsensusDocs Documents are the only contracts endorsed by 40 leading design and construction industry organizations. Offering a library of 100+ contract documents addressing all methods of project delivery, ConsensusDocs incorporate fair risk allocation and best practices to represent the project’s best interests. Coalition members represent design professionals, owners, contractors, subcontractors and sureties (DOCS). For more information, visit www.ConsensusDocs.org, call 1-866-925-DOCS (3627) or email support@ConsensusDocs.org.
NASBP is an endorsing organization of the ConsensusDocs coalition, an unprecedented effort by 40 industry organizations to identify industry best practices and to incorporate such practices in a new generation of construction industry standard form documents. Find out more at the NASBP's involvement with ConsensusDocs by clicking here.