The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA), which defines, teaches and promotes best practices in design-build, has given NASBP permission to provide its 14 new DBIA bond forms to the NASBP membership. DBIA recently released this full set of warranty bonds, proposal bonds and payment and performance bonds specifically for design-build projects. The new bond forms are specifically tailored for design-build projects and to serve as a fair and balanced basis for, what the organization describes as, "Design-Build Done RightTM." The documents were developed by DBIA’s Documents Task Force, a committee of expert and experienced construction attorneys from across the country.
NASBP staff participated in the drafting process of the DBIA bond forms by providing comments and industry perspectives. NASBP CEO Mark McCallum and NASBP General Counsel Martha Perkins regularly attended conference calls and meetings during this two-year process.
NASBP and the Surety & Fidelity Association of America have endorsed these documents. “We are looking forward to providing our members with the most thoroughly vetted model bond forms,” said McCallum. “NASBP’s endorsement was not given lightly; we worked hard to ensure these new bond forms met the standards our members have come to expect for fair and balanced forms.”
For more information, see the DBIA press release, by clicking here. The complete list of these new DBIA Bond Forms is below:
How to Purchase other DBIA Forms
- DBIA 610 Proposal Bond
- DBIA 615 Warranty Bond
- DBIA 620 Design-Build Performance Bond
- DBIA 625 Design-Build Payment Bond
- DBIA 630 Sub-Performance Bond
- DBIA 635 Sub-Payment Bond
- DBIA 640 General Contractor Performance Bond
- DBIA 645 General Contractor Payment Bond
- DBIA 500-D6 Consent of Surety to Partial Release of Retainage
- DBIA 500-D6GC Consent of Surety to Partial Release of Retainage to General Contractor
- DBIA 500-D6S Consent of Surety to Partial Release of Retainage to Subcontractor
- DBIA 500-D7 Consent of Surety to Release of Final Payment
- DBIA 500-D7GC Consent of Surety to Release of Final Payment to Subcontractor to General Contractor
- DBIA 500-D7S Consent of Surety to Release of Final Payment to Subcontractor
To learn how to purchase other DBIA standard form agreements and documents, click here
or go to the tab titled, "More Info" in the banner above.