|From left, NASBP CEO Mark McCallum, Peter Gibbs, Administrator of the SBA Office of Surety Guarantees (OSG), and Earnest Knott, DC Area Director of the OSG, discussed in December 2016 the preparations for the Bonding Across America educational program.
On Thursday, May 18, NASBP and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be hosting three bonding educational programs in Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Washington, DC, as part of an educational campaign titled “Bonding Across America.”
Following last fall’s pilot program, NASBP is pleased to announce that it is once again partnering with the SBA to host three additional bonding awareness programs. NASBP has signed a memorandum of understanding with SBA to host these programs, which help orient small and emerging contractors to the bonding process. The programs are designed to be rolled out quickly and introduce such topics as bonding and insurance, banking and finance, federal assistance programs, and local procurement opportunities. NASBP will keep the membership apprised as more details are finalized about these programs.
NASBP appreciates the guidance of the leadership of the Small and Emerging Business Committee on this project and thanks the following NASBP Members who have volunteered their time to assist in planning and executing this unique and valuable program.
- Don Appleby of Holmes Murphy & Associates, LLC
- Jon Land of HUB International Insurance Services, Inc.
- Michael Lischer, Jr. of IMA Inc.
- Bud Withrow of CoWest Insurance Associates, LLC
- Brandon Bush of Propel Insurance
- Stuart O’Farrell of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Eric Zimmerman of Propel Insurance
- Joshua Etemadi of Construction Bonds, Inc.—A Division of Murray Securus
- Reggie Jarvis of Centennial Surety Associates, Inc.
Direct questions and inquiries for additional information to Shannon Crawford, NASBP Assistant Director of Government Relations, at email@example.com or 202.464.1170.