Below are NASBP and other organization's guides and publications that can assist bond producers, surety underwriters, and contractors with issues they face daily. Also, consider accessing the Member Info Kiosk--a member login is required.
- 9 Things Savvy Owners Should Know About Surety Bonds - This publication provides nine things construction project owners should understand about surety bonds, including: how bonds help manage project risk effectively, the role of surety bonds, types of surety bonds, who regulates surety bonds, statutory bond requirements, surety bond costs, prequalification through surety bonds, contractual requirements for bonds, and how bonds help ensure project success.
- Answers to 51 Questions Small Contractors Ask About Bonding--This NASBP publication addresses questions frequently asked by small and emerging contractors seeking to obtain surety credit and to grow their businesses. Surety professionals will find that these simple, straight-forward answers to complex questions can start a dialogue with clients about the bonding process.
- Answers to 32 Questions Public and Private Owners Ask About Contract Bonding--This NASBP publication addresses questions frequently asked by public and private owners about surety bonds and the surety bonding process. It is intended to try to eliminate the misunderstandings and misconceptions that owners often have about the surety product and the bonding process.
- DBIA’s State Statute Report--A guide to state design-build laws that provides owners, lawmakers and industry professionals with statutory information to guide them in their project delivery decision making. Please note that the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) has provided this DBIA source on the condition that the NASBP membership not treat this information as legal advice and understand that these laws will change this year and will be updated at the end of the year. DBIA will post changes here: http://www.dbia.org/advocacy/state.
- Managing Subcontractor Risks of Non‐Performance and Financial Failure: A Flash Guide to Subcontract Bonds and Subcontractor Default Insurance
- Understanding the Differences between Performance and Payment Bonds and Project Completion Services Agreements
- Always Verify Your Bond!
- Know Your Bond Before You Sign
- FAQs from Bond Producers About their Role in the Contract Bond Claims Process
- The Contract Surety Bond Claims Process--AGC
- The Basic Bond Book
NASBP, in collaboration with Associated General Contractors of America, revised this 2nd edition, which serves as an intro to contract surety bonding.
- The Surety Underwriter's Deskbook
A publication of the Fidelity & Surety Law Committee of the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, this provides an overview of legal considerations pertaining to surety bond underwriting on a state-by-state basis.
- Pipeline article: Amendments to Federal Regulations Provide Contracting Officers a New Cudgel with Which to Threaten Treasury - Listed Sureties
- Part 1 Battling Surety Bond Fraud: Why Bond Verification Is So Important
- Individual Sureties and More Fraudulent Schemes Perpetrated (Part 2 Battling Surety Bond Fraud: Why Bond Verification Is So Important)
- Various NASBP Position Briefs
- www.SuretyLearn.org--NASBP's website that orients small and emerging contractors to the bonding process.